Private Kung Fu - and Tai Chi Instruction
RSS

Recent Posts

Gender and Mutual Respect
The Perception of Martial Artists
Recovering from a pitfall
Manage your fear and better your life.
What I Learned in my Year Away

Categories

Just Life
Life and Martial Arts
powered by

Martial Arts and Life

Martial Morality

I hear a lot of things today that make me think the the true spirit of martial arts is being lost. With MMA becoming bigger than ever there is a certain lack of focus upon the moralities which make Martial arts so amazing.

Here is a link to a site with great definitions of the Martial Moralities.

Kung Fu, Tai Chi,Click image for link

Morality of deed includes:
Humility, Respect, Righteousness, Trust, and Loyalty.

Morality of mind consists of:
Will, Endurance, Perseverance, Patience, and Courage.

These are disciplines which I try my best to integrate into my everyday life even if I do not always succeed. They were once even taught public schools, however it seems now that everyone is so afraid that someone will take a simple life lesson the wrong way that they cannot even be taught there. So it seems that these vital lessons are disappearing even from the word of Kung Fu.

These are lessons which not only apply to martial arts but to all of life, for without trust and respect for yourself and for those you encounter everyday how can we get anything out of this world worth having?

~Jet

7 Comments to Martial Morality:

Comments RSS
JKD Online on Wednesday, May 02, 2012 3:00 AM
Of the two aspects of morality, the morality of deed is more important, because it concerns the student’s relationship with master and classmates, other martial artists, and the general public. Students who are not moral in their actions are not worthy of being taught, since they cannot be trusted or even respected.
Reply to comment

August Roy on Friday, December 14, 2012 10:49 PM
Jet, I have come to know about Martial Morality after reading out your blog. But I had no importance about this ago. Thanks a lot mate for posting such kind of informative info. Carry on.
Reply to comment

Muay Thai on Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:10 PM
Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting? I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. I liked this blog man. This information is very important. I will suggest you to my other friend.
Reply to comment

strona internetowa on Wednesday, November 12, 2014 5:59 AM
If the exact passageway will be get, no problem i would like to get you might need a scarf, lipstick and keys What's a tad bit more, many of us can also obtain exceptional canvases
Reply to comment

cartier on Monday, April 06, 2015 8:29 PM
Putting on a costume through trendy shirts or dresses not to mention fashion accessories 's no much longer a particular particularly women's space that bastion happens to be stormed by your town you live lustful individuals in recent times who ? re in no way hesitant from showing and / or indulging his or her's ladys ends.
Reply to comment

Boxing in Connecticut on Sunday, July 19, 2015 10:40 AM
Muay Thai is a sport that is not for the feint at heart. This sport requires hard work and dedication in order to achieve the best results.
Reply to comment